A Friendly Reminder

I was reminded of two things the other day after taking these photos. But before I share, I first want to say that I’m not claiming that I look any type of way in either photo; it’s just that the contrast of the two, taken in such a short time from each other, really stood out to me and made me think. 


On the left: I had just woken up from sleeping all day between night shifts, I was hungry, and I happened to stumble on some really good lighting when showing a friend the colour of my new bra. 

On the right: literally 25 minutes later and with a delicious breakfast in my belly. 

Now, I’m not typically one to take selfies (and definitely not post them!) but it really made me think when my friend replied with a comment on how my body looked. It made me feel guilty because I know that photo wasn’t an accurate representation of how I typically look, so I took another, maybe more accurate, one. 

Lesson #1
Your body changes a lot throughout each day, so don’t let it set the tone for how you feel about yourself. 

Lesson #2
No one looks “perfect” (I say that with an eye roll) all the time. You can scroll through your insta and see photo after photo of people looking ripped/toned/skinny/whateveryourideaofperfectis, but chances are that they too, don’t look like that all the time. Especially not without the right lighting, angles, etc. So try not to use those images as something you compare yourself to.  

#friendlyreminder 

J. 

Popular Posts