A Few of the Year's Firsts

We had our first camp of the year last week in Vernon, BC. Every morning we drove up to Silverstar to go skiing on what snow they still had left. It wasn't amazing skiing conditions but it was still skiing on real snow! This week was focused on volume, not intensity, which was good for me as I'm not sure my body could handle much intensity right now. Even for this camp I was put on the 'easier plan' to reintroduction me to camp training, but I was feeling good, napping everyday and ended up doing only 1.5 hours less than most of the girls! Woohoo. Pretty much every afternoon we would have another workout whether it be a run, bike or gym sesh. These workouts were often followed by some cliff jumping into Lake Okanagan to cool off. Or to ice bath...it was still pretty chilly.

Near the end of the week we did our first intensity of the year and I was very pleased with how I felt. It was only zone3 and individual so I didn't have anyone to compare myself too, but I guess that was the point. It was classic (my forte) and it felt so good to make the klister work up the hills with some speed finally! It reminded me how good skiing can feel. I even got a little carried away with staying in z3 and I started pretending it was a race and got my HR a little higher than I should have...oops. :)

One of the days we did a long road ride. Coach Vieira checking up on Em and I.


We were pretty excited for Heidi's dinner. Her family owns a restaurant, can you tell? :)

Putting my feet up after intensity in the morning. Pretty nice view watching a storm come in across the lake.

This was our first hike of the year up Ha Ling before we left. A beautiful day.

The crew at the top.

 ----------

 
At the beginning of this month I was lucky enough to get to see Cirque du Soleil in the city! This picture doesn't quite capture the excitement of what was going on inside the tent, but I'll leave that for you to hopefully experience on your own one day. It was an awesome show!

 
(note to self: try harder to remember to take more pictures of us actually training. That is what this blog is based around after all!)


Hakuna Matata!
J
 

Popular Posts