Phots on Phots

We just finished up our second camp of the year in Jasper, AB. It was beautiful and is now one of my favorite places to roller ski and road ride! We lucked out on the weather big time and had some great workouts.
Here is Dahria and I nearing the end of a beautiful classic roll. 

Once getting in the van after our first workout there I was sooo hot and I couldn't cool off. 
...Until I stuck my head out the window that is. :)

Ready for a nap.

Welcome to our Jasper camp! We felt like the three little bears. 

My three highlights of the camp were:

-Roller skiing up the road to Milagne Lake. It had a spectacular view once you got to the lake which made it hard for me to concentrate on my technique at that point!

-I had half a conversation with a duck. I'll explain, I was hobbling back from some running intensity which really buggered up my knee so I was a ways behind everyone, I yelled to let the bears in the area know that I was coming (something I learned to do as a child coming from the Yukon..) and then I heard a duck call from across the little lake. I thought, hey, I could probably make that noise with my hands! So I put my hands together (it's quite possible that this is also something I learned how to do as a child coming from the Yukon...) and I did the exact same call! I was so pumped of how perfect it came out. The duck replied instantly with another call, this time a slightly more intricate one, I thought both Woah, cool! and Uh-oh.. because I wasn't sure if I could repeat that one. I tried a few times but couldn't get it right, I had to leave him hanging. He kept repeating the second call, I like to think because he was waiting for me to reply. Sorry duck.

-My bike ride on the last day. The group had a long run and because my knee doesn't seem to be too good for running lately I had a 2.5h road ride on my own. Rebecca gave me some music and told me where she had gone the day before and off I went. It was the best. ride. ever. I was having so much fun the whole time, horribly singing-out-of-breath and dancing as much as you can dance on a bike on the downhills. At 2.5h I wasn't ready to stop, so I didn't, and ended up going for almost 3h. The scenery was gorgeous, the sun was coming out, the music was awesome, I was biking on winding off-roads, around the Fairmont Hotel, around campgrounds, around emerald colored lakes and I even saw a cougar run across the road right in front of me. It scared me for a bit, but then I decided it was super cool! Not many people see cougars unless it's a bad story. Almost 3 hours of biking and I was probably only on the highway for a total of 10 min of it!

 ------------------

The week before we left to Jasper we did two treadmill tests and some longer workouts. It just keeps feeling better and better for me to be out there!
We did a long, beautiful run along Lake Minnewanka last week. The lighting between the trees was so pretty and I was pumped to sport some new Oakleys thanks to Shades on Caribou! Thank you! 

Treadmill testing round 1. We did one skate and one classic to see if there was much of a difference between heart rates between the two tests. It was my first skate intensity since early October! Woohoo!   

Hakuna-Matata!
J

Popular Posts